What Is Pharmaceutical?
Pharmaceuticals are chemical compounds or biological substances that are used to treat, cure, or prevent diseases and medical conditions. These chemical compounds are developed and produced by pharmaceutical companies from all over the world. As medicine comes with great power, it is heavily regulated by national and international authorities to ensure safe use and efficacy.
The Role Of Pharmaceutical In The World
The pharmaceutical industry plays a massive role in the world today by providing treatments for various diseases and medical conditions. If you remember correctly, the pandemic had all these pharmaceutical companies in overdrive as the search for a vaccine was desperately needed. It is thanks to the research and development of new vaccines that allowed to combat Covid-19. That is what pharmaceutical companies are essentially responsible for, that is to research and develop new drugs to help combat these new viruses as well as improve the quality of life and save those from dying.
The pharmaceutical industry also plays a major role in the economy as it employs thousands of people and can generate billions of dollars in revenue.
Steps To Get A Pharmaceutical Internship
- Determine your area of interest. There are numerous paths one can take when doing an internship in the pharmaceutical industry. You have to narrow down the areas that interest you. Once you have narrowed these choices down, you can then focus on finding the right opportunity.
- Crafting your resume. A resume is the first impression an employer will get about you. It is therefore super important that this is tailored to the job you are applying for. Remember, companies value the relevant experience so if you can include any relevant experience or even relevant coursework and other activities you have undertaken that can be relevant to the position you are applying then that is great! Consider getting a part-time job or volunteering if you lack the experience as this can make a great addition to your resume.
- Look up companies that are of interest to you and explore whether there are any pharmaceutical internship vacancies available in your preferred destinations. You can visit their website or check job boards to discover more vacancies there.
- Networking: Did you know that roughly 85% of jobs are filled as a result of networking? This is a skill set you really have to master as networking can land you numerous opportunities. The best way is to reach out to people in the industry whether they are industry professionals or individuals you look up to. Connect with them and write them a message to ask for any tips or advice as these can be beneficial for you!
- Be persistent in the whole application process. Unfortunately, you will have to go through a lot of rejections as that is the reality of the world. However, it is important to keep your head high and to keep searching. It will only be a matter of time before the perfect opportunity presents itself. You are on your way to success… don’t give up on your pharmaceutical internships!!
Best Places To Do A Pharmaceutical Internship
Switzerland: Switzerland is renowned for its robust pharmaceutical industry, home to some of the world's most prominent companies in the field hence why it is the ideal destination to be doing a pharmaceutical internship. From pharmaceutical giants such as Novartis and Roche to innovative leaders like CSL Behring, the country boasts a strong presence in the sector. But Switzerland is not only a center of pharmaceutical production but also a hub for medical research and development. This makes it an ideal destination for those seeking to gain experience and knowledge in the pharmaceutical field through an internship.
Singapore: Singapore is a rapidly growing center for pharmaceutical research and development in Asia. The country has a highly skilled workforce and a strong infrastructure, making it a prime destination for pharmaceutical companies looking to expand in the region. Getting a pharmaceutical internship in Singapore is an excellent way to expand and exchange knowledge and skills with the one of best in the field.
United States: The United States is home to some of the world's largest and most influential pharmaceutical companies, including Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson. Many of these companies have headquarters or research and development centers in cities like New York, Boston, and San Diego, which can be great places to pursue a pharmaceutical internship.
United Kingdom: The UK has a thriving pharmaceutical industry, with many major global pharmaceutical companies having a presence in the country. London is one of the main centers for pharmaceutical research and development in Europe, and the city is home to numerous pharmaceutical companies and academic institutions.
Germany: Germany is one of the world's leading pharmaceutical markets and a major center for research and development. The country is home to many world-renowned pharmaceutical companies, such as Bayer and Merck, and also many medium size companies specialized in bio-tech. Undertaking a pharmaceutical internship in Germany allows to get your hands on some of the most exciting pharmaceutical technologies.
An internship in the pharmaceutical sector is a great way to gain valuable experience in this ever-growing industry. There are plenty of opportunities across Asia to do an internship in pharmaceuticals. If you are looking to do a pharmaceutical internship abroad then look no further! Apply on our website here to start your pharmaceutical internship journey with AIP!