Doing Hospitality & Tourism
internship with AIP
Hospitality and Tourism is one of the largest sectors in Asia. Internship opportunities in hospitality are wide open due to high demands from the industry, with more than $50 billion spent annually by international tourists in the region.
As a hospitality intern in Asia, your main role usually involves making customers happy. A wide range of benefits awaits you in this industry, which includes learning from industry professionals, expanding your CV and living in an amazing new country. In addition, you get to meet and work with many international people, which will allow you to acquire a global skill-set and greatly improve your employability in the future.
Asia Internship Program is sure to arrange your customized hospitality and tourism internship, so it matches what you’re looking for. With a list of over 450 partners, including Starwood Hotel Group, we will be able to find the perfect hospitality company in Asia.
Past AIP Hospitality & Tourism interns have been involved and worked on the following projects:
- Working at the hotel reception desk processing bookings, cancellations, and guest inquiries.
- Responsible for coordinating activities with the restaurants and kitchen for the food and beverage department.
- Liaising with reservation, maintenance, and housekeeping departments in order to complete set tasks.
- Understanding contract rates and allotments with travel agents, wholesalers, and inbound bookings.
- Managing the creative English content of the hotel website.
Note that all AIP interns are given a personal supervisor who will train, monitor and guide you throughout your international internship experience.
Internship tasks will vary from company to company, as well as intern to intern. These are only examples of tasks that were carried out from previous interns.
Hospitality & tourism interns at Westin
Westin Hotels and Resorts is an upscale hotel chain, which was founded in 1930. It is the largest hotel brand under Starwood Hotel Group, and operates 192 hotel destinations across the globe.